Monday, July 05, 2004

Damn cold!

Mutterings continued.

I had the radiator on in my office most of the day. Brrrrr.... And with cold, dry days comes our old friend - static electricity. Got bit by the filing cabinet a couple of times this afternoon.

Great quote: a friend (hello Kim!) had lunch in a restaurant today that was overrun by unruly ankle biters. The waiter commented, "I know they're necessary to continue the species but why do they have to come here?"

I've been unable to get the ITA website for the last 2 days. Not happy.

For all my webauthoring needs, I use Arachnophilia. It's a freebie created by Paul Lutus at Arachnoid and is a beaut. Read his note about Freeware - I think he's as tired of the "world owes me a living" mentality as I am. "Users of freeware must not forget that they didn't pay for the software, and therefore they cannot demand the satisfaction of an imaginary contract between the programmer and themselves. The usual adversarial relationship between a vendor and a consumer simply doesn't exist. I find that users below a certain age never grasp this fact, and invariably it is the youngest users who think they have the right to demand absolutely anything, and who expect satisfaction of any arbitrary whim."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home