Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Wednesday afternoon

Mutterings continued.

Mum's doctor agrees that the drugs she has been on are probably causing most of her problems and has taken her off morphine altogether. No discernible change yet. The doctor is looking at getting Mum into a nursing home just around the corner from Dad's place (within walking distance). I hate nursing homes but they will be able to give her the care she needs and will take some of the pressure off Dad.

He and I were talking about his plans to get rid of his car - it's too big for just him and his eyesight isn't the best. We discussed scooters (both agreed that him tootling about on a scooter probably isn't the wisest course) and electric wheelchairs. I advised him to be an aggressive elderly gent who terrorises pedestrians and other road users.

The letterbox was chockas with junk mail today. All for things I won't be here to buy.

This is my last post until I find a cyber cafe somewhere - tara all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home