Saturday, March 19, 2005

Back Again

Mutterings continued.

I haven't had a chance to blog since Tuesday - finishing work at 4pm, heading home, feeding the cats, ringing Dad, changing into my ninja stagecrew gear and then heading to the theatre for 5pm doesn't leave a lot of time.

Nick the ASM and I are getting quicker at packing away the props each night. On Thursday night I was in the car and on my way home by 2245. We've been contemplating whether it's possible to remove props from the stage, especially during the sheep shearing banquet scene. I mean, the actors aren't actually using the stuff. We've also thought about tipping Leontes out of the wheelchair so I could pack it away during the final act, but that could be going a little too far.

Last night's performance was looking decidedly dodgy (and I don't mean the actors, or do I?) with intermittent rain. We had to get out the towels and dry off the seats as we were expecting 150 students from St Mary's. It sprinkled a few times during the performance but none of the audience bolted for the exits. The girls appreciated all the dirty jokes and sight gags.

During the scene in which Autolycus flogs his wares to the sheep shearing party goers, there's a bit about a ballad about two women wooing a man. Jason didn't quite get it right and it came out as two women and another woman and a man, which we interpreted to mean a song about a three-way with women while a man watched. Or something.

Final performance tonight and then we party.

It's been a busy few days. I've been making a lot of changes to the website at work and battling with stupid nested tables. And I created a 20 page Power Point presentation for the boss from scratch, which involved taking photos of the new Painted Dog exhibit, which was fun.

I can't remember if I posted this link, so I'll do it again. This is Dunkeld, where I want to live. And this is Birnam, just across the River Tay, where I want to run the Post Office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home