Thursday, March 10, 2005

A Rainy Day

Mutterings continued.

Now, normally I am thrilled when it rains, however when you're involved in a play being staged in an open air theatre, it makes life difficult. Not to mention dangerous for the cast having to negotiate a slippery stage. First night of Winter's Tale got off to a soggy start last night. It rained just before we went up at 7.30; the stage was wet, ditto the actors, as were the chairs Mr Milson had borrowed from His Maj (I was more worried about them than the actors, truth be told).

The actors soldiered on, as did lighting and sound, and performed wonderfully, if a little soggy. Not a huge crowd, perhaps 110, but they were out of the rain and seemed to enjoy themselves. I think a couple of the blackouts confused them as they applauded at the end of some scenes. Or perhaps they appreciated the performances, one of which was a monologue given by Steven Lee that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end!

It's been raining on and off all day so I'm not sure what is happening tonight.

I've had a very slack day. Did some washing, a bit of tidying up and that's about it.

You may have noticed some piccies on the right hand side of the page. I saw some photos on Tama Leaver's blog and followed the link to Flickr. I've been uploading pics taken during my hols in the UK in 2002; Flickr selects random photos from those uploaded, so the gallery should change every time the page is loaded.

Like everybody else who has an email account, I get bizarre spam. I've just received an ad for.....something....that's in Korean. There's a photo of a man who I think has a headache. Or a drinking problem. Then there's one of a white laptop on a desk and sexy 60's looking chair. The last one shows the man, smiling, with a woman and a child, who are also smiling. The title at the top of all the Korean writing says, "Individual relief". I'm thinking the chair has something to do with improving your sex life, which makes you wife happy and you end up having children. Or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home