Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm Glad I Don't Work in Town!

Mutterings continued.

Had to drive into Wellington St in the city this arvo to get my new speaker system looked at (I couldn't get the cable into the input socket. Guy looked at it, took it away, came back a few seconds later and said, "Here you go."). This meant having to drive in peak hour traffic (peak hour seems to be any time between 4pm and 7pm). Bumper to bumper on the Freeway, idiots weaving in and out and nearly taking others with them, dodging the road works and holes in the ground... Glad I don't have to do it every day.

I've been trying to find graphics of 1940's washing powder on line and came across a great photo archive site by Procter and Gamble. They had some odd names for detergents in them days - would you use Drene shampoo? What about Gay washing up liquid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home