Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Some lunchtime blogging

Mutterings continued.

My PC at home appears to have kicked the bucket - it's refusing to boot up. There's power but no hard disk activity. *sigh*

A devastating storm hit Perth yesterday; I didn't lose power in Como, however Dad had been without electricity since 6am and it was still off at 6.30 last night. My brother lives in Roleystone, a suburb in the hills that was particularly badly hit. They lost power and a tree took out their galah cage - the bird was ok and they found her wandering around the garden looking a little stunned. Power poles have been completely destroyed and a primary school in Bicton, south of the river, was flattened.

Just checked with Dad and their power was restored at about 10.30 this morning.

The weather bureau is predicting the following for tomorrow: Rain developing during the day with thunderstorms in the evening. Locally damaging wind squalls near thunderstorms. Light to moderate N to NW winds today freshening during tomorrow.

Eek.

I was typing away this morning when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye - stopped and saw a little mouse looking at me from next to the monitor. I said hello but he/she ran off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh - sweet! I like mice! Erm, you are sure this wasn't the computer mouse, aren't you? Heh... --Tav

6:21 pm  
Blogger Possbert said...

Hmmm, small, furry, very fast-moving computer meece - there's a thought! Behavioural enrichment for bored typists as they try to catch, hold onto and actually use the mouse.

7:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home