Tuesday, June 28, 2005

One more rehearsal

Mutterings continued.

and then we open tomorrow night. Looks like I'll be on stage a wee bit more than I planned as I'll be doing most, ok all, of the set changes. I'll be wearing my ninja stagehand blacks, so I won't be seen.

I made the most delightful looking cake today, I think not. The cream has to look fake and artificial - white poster paint fits the bill beautifully. I've put a warning on the actors' props list that they MUST NOT EAT the cake.

Poor young Nick, the ASM, is learning the fine art of bringing curtains in and taking them out. It's a bugger of a job - I put both shoulders out curtaining for R and G are Dead. I also nearly took the cast of I Hate Hamlet out when the SM called the cue too soon, but that's another story.

It's been a rather fine day - 21c and not clouds. Dad and I were going for a picnic in Freo, however Pat the Director needed me to go through set changes instead. We'll probably go on Thursday.

Last night's ep of Mythbusters:
Episode 23: Exploding House
Just how hard is it to find a needle in a haystack? Egos fly as the MythBusters get competitive creating the supreme needle-finding machine. Then, returning to their familiar territory of blowing stuff up in the name of science, Jamie and Adam arm themselves with roach foggers and an abandoned apartment building to find out if toxic fumes and bug bombs really are an explosive combination. Finally, the MythBuilders hit the roof to prove whether or not whispering sweet nothings to your plants is the secret to gardening success.

Lots of big booms!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the performance goes well, hon! What is it you actor types say? 'Break a leg'? LOL

12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home