Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Bloody August!

That's two months of winter....goooorrrn. We're on the slippery slope to
Christmas, I tell 'ee.

Still, we've had a nice few wintery days - bit windy for my liking but you get that. The clouds keep coming over but nothing much has fallen from them this afternoon.

Had coffee and a bikky at the cafe at lunch time and then went to check on the baboon boys. Chad had a fig branch with small fruit and leaves on it that he was trying to hide from the others. He kept nibbling on it and then shoving it into crevices, checking each time to see if it could be seen by the others. Taye was being very quiet and grown up and was giving one of the females a thorough grooming. A longitudinal study of those two would be very interesting - most baboon troops have an alpha male to keep the rest in line, so it would interesting to see how Chad and Taye develop without the usual male influences. Quite nicely, I suspect.


My friend Nick (Hello Nick! Where's me letter??) sent me this - The Goodies Ride Back to the Edinburgh Fringe. You wouldn't think Tim was the oldest, would you?

Thanks to Grant and Martin - another meme:

1. Elaborate on your default icon.
It's moi, South Parked.

2. What's your current relationship status?
Resolutely single.

3. Ever have a near-death experience?
I hope not!

4. Name an obvious quality you have.
Big tits. Well, they're pretty obvious!

5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
The earworm has been alternating between My Body May Die by Pulp vs Swingle Sisters and Hooked on a Feeling, by BJ Thomas.

6. Any celeb you would marry?
See 2. However, if I was forced into it, David Troughton. Or Johnny Depp.
Actually, both of them are pretty heavy smokers and I don't think I could cope
with that.

7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Possibly Leece. Or Rob. Or both.

8. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Levar "Kunta Kinte" Burton. AKA Levar "Geordie Laforge" Burton.

9. Do you have a crush on someone?
No, not at the moment (give it a couple of hours and get back to me).

10. Have you ever vandalized someone's private property?
Not so much vandalised, as 'did' things to it. When I was a uni student, a friend and I used to break into other friends' houses and 'do' things - like put potatoes in bean bags (yes, this WAS the 70s), turn their number plates on their cars around, that sort of thing. We got into the house of a med student friend and put a skeleton (yes, he actually had one) in his clothes and in his bed. We spent the next April Fool's Day cowering in our lounge room, convinced that we would be made to atone for all we had done. Turns out, nobody caught on it was us.

11. Have you ever been in a fight?
Only the usual kicking and hairpulling stuff you do with your younger sibling.

12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Eeeeek, no!!

13. What's the first thing you notice about the OPPOSITE sex?
Their eyes.

14. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
I went into a Starbucks in London and was completely overwhelmed and intimidated by the whole coffee ordering process. They should give lessons in ordering coffee from these places.

15. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Nah, I'm a wuss.

16. Say something totally random about yourself.
I like cheese.

17.
Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?

I don't think so.

18. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
No, if I need to know the time, I just ask people who do. Or check my mobile phone.

19. Do you have anything pierced?
Both ears - twice. I did have four earrings in my left ear, but one of the holes refused to heal and one closed up when I went into hospital for surgery and I had to take them out.

20. Do you have any tattoos?
.See #15.

21. Do you like pain?
See #15. (Did I mention I'm a wuss?)

22. Do you like to shop?
Depends what kind of shopping. I loath grocery shopping and make sure I'm at the supermarket by 8am on a Saturday because I become VERY AGITATED AND AGGRESSIVE WITH BASTARDS WHO WON'T GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!
pant...pant..

Don't much like clothes shopping either.

23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Coffee and a roasted hazlenut and chocolate cookie at lunch time.

24. What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
Hellboy - the Director's Cut, from Sendit.

25. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Claire, one of the elephant keepers.

26. What is on your desktop background?
It changes - I have Webshots and the image changes every 15 minutes or so. At the moment it's the tea and coffee making facilities in the Chifley on Terrace hotel I stayed at a few months ago.

27. What is the background on your cell phone?
Funnily enough, it's the same icon as on my blog page.

28. Do you like redheads?
I AM a redhead!

29. Do you know any twins?
Errrr, no, I don't think so.

30. Do you have any weird relatives?
I think that's probably me.

31. What was the last movie you watched?

Through Fire, Water and Brass Pipes with Leece and Rob.

32. What was the last book you read?
Northern Lights, Philip Pullman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home