Thursday, September 21, 2006

Aarrrgh!

Mutterings continued.

A couple of weeks ago I changed from Eudora to Thunderbird on the recommendation of several people. Today I opened Thunderbird and it was completely blank, with a message box asking me to set up a new account. Where's my existing account? More importantly, where are all the message I've received over the last couple of weeks gone??

It's ok, found them. The Inbox was buried deep here - C:\Documents and Settings\ExpoDemo\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\4g5yvl99.default\Mail. I've had to reimport all my settings, address books and folders. I can't work out how to import messages from the Inbox into the new account I've had to create. Nor can I work out how to separate out the second mail account (for GRADS) from the main Possbert account. I used to have two separate folders - Possbert and Gradssec - with their own in and out boxes. Now everything is jumbled up and I can't work out how to separate them.

This is so fucking annoying.

Right, after much moving, deleting and cursing, I think I've got everything back where it's supposed to be. Grrrrr.

On a happier note - this. "
The new series of Extras has started on BBC2 - Thurdays at 9pm...
but don't worry if you've missed it - each episode is available online in the UK for a week after it first goes out. Get episode 1 here now."


I prefer Extras to The Office for, while Gervais's character Andy is still a dick, somehow he's a much more sympathetic character. He's also very funny - and you're laughing with him, not at him as with David Brent.

It's been a funny day, weather-wise. Some rain, some sunshine, lots of wind. The orangs were all wrapped up in their hessian sacks to keep out the wind. Most use the sacks as blankets; one, however, gets inside hers and has been spotted climbing up the tower with the sack on her head. Dunno how she can see where she's going but she does.

I've done my back in again and have been in a fair bit of pain today. Woke up with it and have no idea what I could have done during the night. Now, now...minds out of the gutter, please.

I had lunch with Kim today - she had roti with chicken curry, I had beef rendang with steamed rice. Mmmm....

And tomorrow is Friday and I have the afternoon off. Am lunching with ladies at the Caffee Bookshop in Sth Perth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home