Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a couple of days!

Mutterings continued.

I've been feeling fluey and odd for the last week or so - hot and cold, achey bits, etc and yesterday when I woke up I thought that the lurgi had finally hit. Spent the morning in bed and then had to go to Garden City to pick up my asthma prevention medication. I shop there every Saturday, so I took up the chemist's offer to look after my scripts for me. Theoretically, all I have to do is let them know the day before and then go in and pick the drugs up without waiting. I say 'theoretically' - it works only when you actually remember to go and get the stuff. *sigh*

It was a good thing I was home as, at around noon I heard some strange gurglings coming from the shower - went into the bathroom to discover a geyser of not very nice water gushing up through the shower drain. Seems the chap upstairs had a bit of a blockage so he fixed it. Unfortunately, the blockage only made it as far as below my drains, so I got all his shower water. The plumber turned up about 3ish and left at 8pm with a promise to return the next day to finally fix it. I got home home today to a rather grotty shower recess and soggy towels. *another sigh*

On the lighter side - the water running down the drain in the loo brought one of Gus's ping pong balls to the surface - she chases them into the loo and then loses them down the drain. I heard the tell-tale sounds of bouncing ping pong ball, which stopped after a little while. I've just checked and there were two balls down there. And the open cupboardy thing in the kitchen that houses the pipes also piqued Gus's interest and she spent some time staring down the gap.

Tonight I'm off to Greco's in Nedlands for dinner/GRADS meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home