Wednesday, December 31, 2003

The end of 2003

Mutterings continued.

and I think I'll be glad to see the back of it! Not the best of years but at least the family and I survived, despite some nasty scares. Love to Patrick for all he's had to endure this year.

So here I am, all alone on New Year's Eve. Again. All together now.....aaaahhhhh! Actually, I don't mind a bit as I'm not one for celebrating New Year's. NYE 1999 was good - we gathered at Rob's parents' place and waited for the planes hit by Y2K to fall out of the sky, but nothing happened. We had a Not The millennium party.

Given my advancing years and decreasing eyesight, I prefer not be out on the roads, in the dark, with the possibility that there may be the odd driver who's a tad over .05.

From the Sydney Morning Herald:

"The BBC has unveiled Britain's 50 favourite sitcoms and is asking viewers to vote for their number one.

Old-timers such as Fawlty Towers and Only Fools And Horses are up against relative newcomers The Office and Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights." I've seen Phoenix Nights and it's very funny - it's about a seedy club in Yorkshire that runs bingo and talent nights for punters in flat caps.

If ever there was any doubt that Queens Honours have become completely devalued:

"England's World Cup-winning rugby team are the stars of the New Year Honours list, with awards for the whole squad.
There is a knighthood for team coach Clive Woodward, while captain Martin Johnson was made a CBE and man of the moment Jonny Wilkinson an OBE." Still, sporting-wise, I guess the poor Poms don't have very much else to celebrate (sorry Ashley ).

Well, that's it for 2003. Have a happy and safe new year, you lot, and see you in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home