Wednesday, March 24, 2004

DigiPoss.

Mutterings continued.

Successful upgrade to digital complete. It took about 90 minutes and the improvement in picture quality is startling. I must, must, MUST remember that the VCR now operates on AV, not Pgr1. It's taken a lot of pressing of AV buttons and a slap to the foreheard to remember that the tech told me that. I'm currently tuned to the 70's audio channel and listening to Steely Dan's Hey Nineteen.

Another great Guardian article about the decline of musical theatre. "It was about 20 minutes into the Rod Stewart musical Tonight's the Night, just after mild-mannered Stu Clutterbuck had made his pact with the vinyl-clad devil so that he could exchange souls with Rod and get the girl, at the point when the stage had erupted into a performance of 'Hot Legs' for reasons which made no sense to me then and make even less now, that I began wishing I was in the front row of the dress circle. That way I could have chucked myself off and ended the agony right there and then. Plus I would have been doing the audience a favour by introducing a modicum of drama. Christ knows, they weren't going to be getting it from anywhere else that evening. Instead, I had to endure the whole thing from the stalls."

From the Radio Times: "Big day out for Office staff
Ricky Gervais and The Office are in line for a hat-trick of Bafta wins. The BBC2 sitcom and its star have won the best sitcom and comedy performance trophies for the past two years running, and are nominated again for next month's TV awards. But Gervais, who plays nightmare boss David Brent, faces local competition for the latter category from co-star Martin Freeman, who plays The Office's Tim." Yay Tim!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home