Tuesday, March 16, 2004

More lunchtime blogging

Mutterings continued.

Home PC still sick but hopefully on the mend. It chucked a complete wobbly on the weekend and refused to let me reinstall XP. I rang Iinet to see if they could suggest anyone to fix it (as I refuse to go back to Arrow) and they put me in touch with a nice man who came, saw and took the box away. Turns out the motherboard is shot and the battery was dead, neither of which Arrow picked up. And of course the sod is out of warranty.

I didn't get to the Swancon quiz afternoon this year (we won last year, gloat gloat) but Leece rang me up to let me know that their table came second and they were playing one person down. The winners get a guided tour of the Observatory - very cool prize.

And speaking of things that are cool and space related, it seems that we have another member of the solar system family - a planet unofficially called 'Sedna' that is 13 billion kilometers away. The NASA page.

I finally found the roll of unprocessed film I've been looking for for weeks. It was in a canister on the coffee table and I've been blaming the cats for using it as a toy (they do that sort of thing - anything rollable left lying around is fair game). Turns out it had fallen into one of my craft boxes and I'd put it in the back room. When I got the box out last night, there it was. It's been so long since I started the roll of film that I've forgotten what's on it - I suspect it could be pics from last year's Taming of the Shrew.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home