Sunday, March 21, 2004

Othello

Mutterings continued.

Went to dinner at Piazza in Rokeby Road and then to the theatre to see Othello. We had lots of healthy salad and seafoody stuff for mains (and I had an even healthier tiramasu for desert, ahem). Great restaurant, great service.

Class Act's Othello was fantastic. I'd seen two movie versions, Oliver Parker's with Branagh as Iago, and the RSC with Sir I McK, but this was the first time I'd seen it live. It was def. the only way to experience it. There are reviews on the ITA website so I won't go into it here, just to say that I never stop marvelling at Stephen Lee's interpretation of Shakespeare or at David Meadow's versatility.

We had drinkies and nibblies afterwards and it was wonderful discussing Shakespeare with Stephen.

Hot day today. At least, I think it is as I haven't ventured outside. The windows are closed, the blinds are drawn and air cooler is on so I'm not melting, just perspiring gently.

I'm hoping the Foxtel Digital man will be here on Wed morning to do whatever it is they do so I've been tidying up under and around what I laughingly call my entertainment centre (really an old bookcase with a tv and other assorted electronic marvels). I found three ping pong balls and a number of empty video cassette cases. And a lot of fluff. And a tangled mess of wires, cords and power boards. I managed to dig out the power cord for the cable box so at least the tech won't have to do a search for its beginning and end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home