Sunday, May 02, 2004

Sunday arvo

Mutterings continued.

Thanks to Steveg for pointing me in the direction of Neil Gaiman's blog. In his May 1 entry he mentions the Fountain Pen Hospital - I used to get their catalogues and Steveg and I (and quite a few other people I know) would drool over the lovely items within. As Neil states, some are bloody expensive, beautiful and not terribly efficient as pens.

Exciting news for an aging teeny bopper - someone on the Rock and Roll scars forum has a friend who has a DVD (phew) of some performances from Uptight. Just as Countdown shaped the musical tastes of the 30-somethings, Uptight, four hours of live/mimed Australian and OS music on a Saturday morning, shaped mine. Uptight became Happening 70 and Happening 71 and was hosted by Ross D Wylie and featured, on a regular basis, Russell Morris, the Master Apprentices, the Valentines, Zoot and a host of others lost to time. Much to my parents disgust I would sit in front of the telly for four solid hours every Saturday morning and then ring one of my girl friends to relive the experience.

I've obviously been a sad fan girl for a looooooooooooooong time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home