Thursday, August 05, 2004

Shopping

Mutterings continued.

I'm now the proud possessor of a copy of Noises Off. It took a bit of finding at Target; I ended up having to ask, after having trawled through all the shelves, only to be told the $17.99 DVDs were up the front. I was a little disheartened when I saw the nearly empty stand (that I'd walked right past as I entered the store) but there were 3 copies of Noises Off so I'm happy.

The Bureau of Met. radar map for 5.14pm shows some yellow stuff (moderate falls) and purple stuff (heavy) heading our way. I don't think this is what Prince (or whatever he calls himself these days) meant by purple rain. A very useful notice on the "oh my god, what's that? we're all going to die!" page of the Met - "Please be aware, wind gusts can be a further 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height." And things in your rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

I knew I should have bought petrol the other day when it was still 93c/litre - it's now gone up to a shade under $1. Bugger.

There's a very high brow discussion going on at the iinet.general ng about which cereal tastes best when eaten without milk. General concensus seems to be Nutrigrain ("It's reel bute!" for those of you who remember the Tony Greig commercials). I only eat healthy cereal these day (mostly stuff with lots of bran and little taste) but I would have to say that Coco Pops are pretty good for noshing straight out of the box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home