Tuesday, March 21, 2006

“He respects Owl, because you can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right.”

Mutterings continued.

A good day yesterday - retail therapy in the am, lunch with Shirley and Pat at Secret Squirrel and then to my brother's in the evening. It was his birthday yesterday. I overstayed my time in the free carpark opposite the restaurant (free for the first 2 hours and we were there for about 2 and a half); was surprised not to see a parking ticket tucked under the windscreen wiper.

I was listening to Tony Delroy's Nightlife on the radio on the way back from my brother's - he has a quiz, one of the topics of which was 'Shakespeare'. And no bugger would pick it! The last contestants had the choice between Shakespeare and Horse Racing and most went for Horse Racing. The Shakespeare questions were asked by default as that was pretty much all that was left - I got all five right. *smug smug* Some of the answers given by contestants were amusing. Q: Who said "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse."? A: Richard the First? Almost right. Q: Who said, "Kiss me, Kate." in Taming of the Shrew? A: Howard Keel?

Found a nice fish recipe that I'll give a go tonight - avocado, light sour cream, tomatoes, mix all together, refridgerate for a while and then blob on top of grilled shark.

Lunch Thursday at the Annalakshmi Indian restaurant in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home