Monday, January 31, 2005

New Job - Day 1

Mutterings continued.

It's been a long day. I woke up at the usual time, 4.30ish, then 5.30ish, then 6.00ish and got up at 7am. Did a bit of housework and then to work at noon, finishing about 7.30pm. Normal hours tomorrow.

There looks to be lots and lots of writing and research with this new position. It's all a little mind boggling at the moment; hopefully I'll be able to get up to speed fairly quickly.

Electioneering junk mail update: nothing today. Got a voucher from a beauty salon for $5 off and a survey from Ford asking me about my new car purchase experience. I could win $1000 worth of accessories.

From Agence France Presse: " Trot of bother as pony raids store

SHOPPERS at a British supermarket were astonished to find a pony alongside them browsing the shelves.

Tesco have saddled themselves with the task of working out how the four-legged visitor managed to catch them on the hoof by entering the store." It's not that the story is very interesting, it's just that journalists just can't resist the appalling pun, can they?

From JMS to the b5.moderated newsgroup: "On the subject of the Crusade DVD commentary...I see another fairy tale looming in the future...WB has agreed, after quite a bit of noise, to remove the commentary that I did from all future pressings of the set, since that was the deal that we had made: use it all, including the explanation of what happened,
or use none of it. So those of you who have your DVDs now, and for the next
bit, will have that commentary. Those afterward won't. I don't know when the
next pressing will be, but whenever that is, is when the change takes place." Now I'm torn - do I buy the existing set from Amazon, with commentary, for US$45 (approx. A$58) which is available now, or the set JMS wants me to have, without the commentary, from Sendit of St$27 (approx. A$65) which is due in late March? The one from Amazon, of course!! Apparently JMS, in his commentary, told the whole sorry tale of Crusade's treatment by Warners and it was cut.


2 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Is it rude of me to hazard a guess that the reason for Crusade's cancellation would truthfully include the words: "it", "wasn't", "very" and "good"?

Or maybe just "JMS", "untalented", "arrogant" and "tosser"... ;-)

3:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your posts.

12:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home