Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Nice Day for a Picnic by the Lake

Mutterings continued.

Dad and I took a drive to Lake Leschenaultia today - it's been about 60 years since he's been there and it's changed somewhat! He was very impressed with the facilities - camping grounds, picnic tables, BBQs, etc. And lovely green parrots with black rings around their necks. Leece and Rob will be able to tell me what species they are. I forgot to take my camera but I did manage to get a couple of shots using my phone. A bit out of focus as I couldn't really see what I was looking at, but they're not too bad.

.
.

My experimental Chinese pork dish last night wasn't too bad, though it could have had more chilli, and I think it would have been nicer with real fermented black beans. But I've had the go ahead to cook it again in the future, so that's ok.

We watched Stargate, BSG and a Coleman Francis shocker called the Beast of Yucca Flats. The Mystie came with a short about Puerto Rico, which had a rather apocryphal comment about fun times at Guantanamo.

Iinet's news server is stuffed again. According to their netstatus page, it will be off line for 10 minutes - that was 15 minutes ago. And I'm suspecting there is something wrong with email as well because a message I send to myself almost half an hour ago hasn't turned up. And Eudora keeps timing out. After 10 years I'm beginning to think it's time to move on; the service for their dial-up customers is appalling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home